Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Can We Take A Moment And Remember Zach Smith Is A Human Being?

+26 HS
tcm1968's picture
August 17, 2018 at 10:58pm
87 Comments

Look, I get the argument you reap what you sow but this is Earle's Grandson. This is a guy who coached at Ohio State. This is a guy that appears to have a drinking problem, a sex problem, an infidelity problem and who knows what other problems. 

Point being the dude is a mess.  I'm not making excuses for him it's just that I don't get bringing all the garbage out there surrounding this story into the 11W forums.  I especially don't get all the jokes at Zach's behalf around the latest stories that seem to be flying around without giving any thought to who might be reading them today or in the future. 

How is any of this funny? He's a human being going through what I'm guessing are the worst weeks of his life. Every day he wakes up to more and more embarrassing news. News that lasts forever that one day his kids will stumble across.

Even if you think Zach brought all of this on himself isn't there some room for a little compassion for Zach the human being? Can't we be better than the mob? Can't we better than "cracking jokes is what people do on the internet"? 

I truly had no intention of writing another Zach story but kept asking myself "are we really going to be shocked if the next headline is Ex OSU Coach takes his own life"? Zach has to be in a dark place that continues to get darker every day. Guess I just wanted to say "Hey Zach, if you're reading this hang in there."

All I am suggesting is to take a moment to think before you post the latest gotcha story. Take a moment to think before you fire off a "funny" comment. Take a moment to think that for most of us this just upsets our Saturday football but for some of these folks it's life-altering... forever... 

Folks, this is bad. Can't we try and do our part to not make it worse?

FWIW This is the last comment I am going to make on any of this. I will be back posting about OSU once it's about OSU football again.

Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 87 Comments