Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley LXXXV

+6 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
August 13, 2018 at 4:05pm
9 Comments

We're starting off today's medley strong, with a musical punch to the face courtesy of Southern heavy metal icons Pantera. This song treats with a subject familiar to everyone: the disconnect between what people say to your face and what they say when you're not around. This song is called "Walk." 

Up next is a song from a band that I used to be really into when they first came out, but which for whatever reason sort of faded out. Their debut album, "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not" is one of the most solid single efforts of any indie rock band I can think of, an album I can still listen to from start to finish any time. It's hard to pick just one song from that album, but I'll settle for this one: "Fake Tales of San Francisco" 

Next up is one of those songs that's immediately recognizable yet comes from a band no one can remember. This is "Radar Love" by Golden Earring. 

Up last is a classic rap song from the Geto Boys, a song about altered states, insanity, and general whatthefuckery. This is "My Mind's Playing Tricks on Me." 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 9 Comments