Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

A Personal Rant, Destined to Get Lost in the Shuffle.

+41 HS
USMC11917's picture
August 12, 2018 at 8:48am
31 Comments

I have not commented on here for a long time. I haven’t made any comments about this topic to anyone. I just wanted share two things and I’ll drift back obscurity.

Z. Smith may be the worlds worst husband and abuser of Women. He may also be a victim of a polarized agenda, in which many Americans are looking for some type of victim. I have no clue and have not made judgment regarding either party involved. What I have seen and have an opinion about is how quickly people assume guilt in this situation.

I have seen a lot of speculation and an admission of a man for placing his hands on his wife in defense. Many scoff at this idea as unnecessary. I work in some of the worst areas in American civilization. I encounter situations daily, in which both men and women can not find common ground and can not get along. I am here to tell you that 90% of the time, both parties are contributing to the violence in some way. Yes, I’ve worked calls in which men are the obvious offender and rule there house with fear and a heavy hand. I have no tolerance for a man like this.

I have also seen women who know the laws verbatim and tell me exactly how they feel, word for word, identical to the definition of the law. The facts in their CFS didn’t even match the account of events and it was very apparent that their sole intent was to use me in an attempt for retribution or control over their spouse. I have literally seen this from every angle. I do not presume to know who is more at fault in Z. Smiths situation.

You can blame a couple for prolonging the inevitable and trying to thrive in a volatile relationship. This is a common theme though. I truly believe these two loved each other once upon a time. I don’t know what their motive was, for enduring each other this long? Maybe children, money, or comfort and companionship? None of know. I say all of this to urge everyone to reserve judgment. Put the pitchforks away and wait for all of the facts to become known.

My last comment is one from my personal experience in my private life. I like many on here have a livelihood that could be lost in the event of domestic violence. I lived in a situation in which my girlfriend was, for brevity sake, insane. I’ve taken slaps to the face, being spit on, hit and bit. I know by sharing this I open myself up to judgment and speculation but I am an anonymous commenter and don’t have what Z. Smith has to lose by making my private life public. I know my levels of contribution to that violence and am confident in my actions. I never even attempted to restrain her because of the negative stigma around this topic and the immediate assumption of guilt toward the men involved. I now carry permanent scars on my body due to not protecting myself. 

In summary, I hope these two figure it out. I hope the violence is over. I also don’t understand how Urban is responsible for taking action when action was never taken by Courtney. If the Officers didn’t find probable cause to arrest Zach or get a warrant for him and Courtney didn’t pursue these warrants herself, why should Urban be required to take more responsibility than either of those two? That’s another topic for a different post. 

Let the legal system runs its course folks. Judgment is for the judge/jurors.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments