Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Meyer/Smith vs Jameis Winston Buccaneers

+3 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
August 8, 2018 at 11:27pm
23 Comments

I'm not here to deflect scrutiny of Ohio State or OSU football coach Urban Meyer, by pointing to another situation, and say look at that, Urban isn't so bad. I believe Urban did nothing wrong, should be reinstated and should be offered an apology from numerous media hacks that painted him in ill light, for an answer to a single question at a media day conference.
Where has the media been with Jameis Winston and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? Winston was arrested in college for shoplifting, accused of rape(later settled with the accuser on a $950,000 civil suit, in 2015) while in Florida State, where the police in Tallahassee tried to persuade the alleged victim from seeking legal action and didn't examine a rape test kit for 10 months!!!! Florida State allowed Jameis Winston to play, before thr investigation into his situation was complete. In 2017 Winston touches an Uber driver inappropriately, apologies for the incident 8 months later. The NFL suspends Winston only 3 games, The Buccaneers continue to keep Winston employed.
Comparing the events, I don't understand the uproar from the media on Urban Meyer compared to the seemingly glossing over TampaBay's handling of Jameis Winston.
Apple's to Oranges, here, I know. But come on man.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments