Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Musical Guilty Pleasure

Chris Lauderback's picture
March 3, 2017 at 3:27pm
143 Comments

I know a lot of us have a passion for music that is at least in the same stratosphere as our love for Ohio State and/or sports in general.

I've written specifically about, or referenced my love for Phish on many occasions. To me, watching a live Phish show is like watching Ohio State play Michigan and you know it's going to be a Buckeye blowout before kickoff.

What I'm wondering however, is which band(s) do you like that are truly a guilty pleasure -- meaning maybe that band or artist isn't perceived as very cool but you can't help but jam out their tunes?

My dad was a music nut with probably a 1,000 vinyl records that ran the gamut but in particular he was a big Hall & Oates fan and all be damned if growing up hearing some of their 'jams' didn't reel me in for life. Now, obviously, most folks probably don't associate good ole Darryl Hall (who is a legit bad ass singer imo) and John Oates as an ultra-cool duo but I'll defend those dudes to the death.

Who you got and why?  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 143 Comments