Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

July 20th TIMH Happy Birthday Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave)

+15 HS
RBurgundy4's picture
July 20, 2016 at 3:03pm
79 Comments

This is admittedly half-assed, but I have a couple of minutes here and the other active TIMH thread (Bastille Day-July 14) is getting a little slow to load. Still great fun, but a little slow, so I figured I'd throw this out there. Cornell is worthy of it. If you clicked on this and expected something Woah Nellie-esqe you will be disappointed.

Born Christopher John Boyle on this day in 1964, Cornell is best known as the singer for Soundgarden and later, Audioslave. The latter being formed by the members of the incomparable Rage Against the Machine (RATM), minus Zach De La Rocha. He has also recorded with another "supergroup", Temple of the Dog, and has several solo albums, as well as movie soundtrack work, to his credit. 

Wiki tells me that he was voted "Rock's Greatest Singer" by Guitar World readers, was voted as the 4th "Heavy Metal Vocalist of All Time by Hit Parader and 9th "Best Lead Singer of All Time" by Rolling Stone. Dude is legend.

As a side note, if you like harder music and do not own Soundgarden's Superunknown you are cheating yourself and I can't recommend it highly enough. All killer, no filler.  Also, his wife (2nd) is nice to look at.

Vegas set the over/under for number of times JLBNYC has seen Cornell with either Soundgarden, Audioslave or solo, at 2 1/2. Late wagers will not be accepted.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 79 Comments