Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Where were you 14 years ago?

0 HS
Jumar's picture
September 11, 2015 at 9:20am
220 Comments

Today is 9/11, and we all know what that means. Without getting into any politics whatsoever, where were you 14 years ago? Most can remember exactly where they were as this day is etched into their memory.

Fourteen years ago I was sitting in Spanish class (trying not to fall asleep), when the attacks happened. Nobody really knew what was going on at that time, but all of the TVs in the school were turned on. There were some great teachers that were able to explain what was going on while keeping all of the kids calm. Even though we were in the middle of nowhere Ohio, there were concerns that more attacks would be coming close to home. With the oil refinery and tank plant next to each other in Lima, everybody was a bit on edge. Thankfully, no such attack would take place.

One of these days my family will make the trek to the 9/11 memorials. I have driven past them a couple of dozen times for work, but have never been able to stop pay respects to those that died. The people of NYC worked hard to get everything cleaned up and rebuilt as quick as they could, and did a tremendous job.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 220 Comments