Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Expendables 3 worth seeing at theater

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
August 16, 2014 at 2:09pm
9 Comments

I just saw Expendables 3 last night. Here is the trailer:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTte6BQndTQ

I felt I needed to see it because it is rare to see so many Hollywood action stars all in a film together. Among the most notable are Stallone, Arnold, Wesley Snipes, Jet Li, Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, Kelsey Grammar, Randy Couture, and a few others.  Here is the full cast.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2333784/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Obviously, it's draw isn't a wonderful plot and storyline.  It's major draw is the action, star power, and overall testosterone. I enjoyed seeing Mel Gibson back in a movie again, after being blacklisted (certainly warranted initially) over his drunken tirades, and anti-semitism.  America is generally a forgiving people, and if he is repentant, it would be nice to see him on the big screen more often. He made a great villain in the film.

Sure their are a bunch of cheesy lines, but you do get to hear Arnold say, "Get to the chopper!" A quote from Predator.

It was enjoyable seeing how the new younger Expendables were chosen, and how they meshed with the older crew. Overall, worth seeing just for the action sequences and star power alone. It is worth the price of admission. I also saw the Giver (see comments below) which is also worth seeing.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 9 Comments