Jim Harbaugh's media availability was short, and his answers were shorter ahead of this weekend's rivalry matchup with Ohio State.
However, the Michigan head coach still had a few things to say about Saturday's game, reiterating the importance of the rivalry, praising Ryan Day for the way he coached this team, acknowledging Ohio State's talent level with Justin Fields and Chase Young leading the way.
Here's what Harbaugh had to say during his Monday media availability:
- Harbaugh notes that he's well aware of the rivalry, having played in it and coached in it the past four years.
- Harbaugh said that as he likens playing Michigan State to a state championship, this game is even bigger. "This is a championship for two states."
- "I'm excited for it. Up for and ready for the challenge."
- Asked broadly about the game, Harbaugh said, "Like I said, I have a pretty good idea of this rivalry from a young age."
- When asked about how he felt his team was playing heading into the game, Harbaugh went through essentially the entire roster and every player in the starting lineup and said they were doing "very good."
- "The Ohio State team is a heck of a good football team. Ryan Day and his entire staff have done an excellent job."
- "One of the best defenses in the country, one of the best offenses in the country, and they play really well on special teams. Position by position, they do a heck of a job."
- On the quarterback play: "Justin Fields has had a tremendous year, playing winning football at all times. Really athletic, runs the ball really well."
- "I love the competition. This is the biggest game of the year."
- "It'll be the state championship between two states."
- On Chase Young: "He's a tremendous football player. Extremely athletic. Vey physical. Shows up at the ball. Tremendous pass rusher."
- When asked about Greg Mattison and Al Washington: "I think Ryan Day has done a tremendous job and I think his coaching staff has done a tremendous job coaching this team."
- "We're excited to play, and we're confident. We're looking forward to the game, looking forward to play at home, looking forward to everything about it."
The Game will kickoff from Ann Arbor at noon on Saturday with Fox providing the coverage.