Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

The Offseason Saga of an Innocent Man, in 11W Jail

+11 HS
0H-10's picture
May 25, 2018 at 12:15pm
83 Comments

There is justice in the world! My Fellow Dubbers, I just spent 16 hours in 11W Jail, without cause, but not without a reason. Lend me a few moments to tell my tale!

I learned some very interesting things while in the clink…

The food was barely passable- the Mods sent out for dumpster McRibs & McFries (I think it was Navy or Calpoppy who were arguing over the proper tip amount for the Uber-delivery guy), but there was plenty of grub and the loo was nearby. The beer should have been colder and I am not an American Pisswater or Light Beer drinker, but the fact that a kego was supplied just within reach of my cell was greatly appreciated and extremely generous, considering it's punishment. I think they knew I was wronged...and they should spring for a new solo cup…

I went in not knowing why I was there. I picked up the NEC Ultralite on the bench and switched browsers to read my posts, hoping to find my offending comment. Not ascertaining just cause for my confinement, and feeling quite offended and needing a fix for the fix I was in, I scratch-armed my way to commenting policy to make sure it had not changed, and then to the ElevenWarriors contact us page and sent out a flare asking for clemency, or justice, or at least a good hearty lager.

Hours passed as I sat alone in my cell all night, reading messages from past offenders scrawled faintly on the walls of my meager confines…there was M-Man scratched just above the door…a vague memory of a vapor of a wisp of M-ocrity . I heard that 9Route, Bassdropper, Mr. President, and the like are in terminal acute solitary confinement for life without parole, and someone dropped the pearl that Oyster has shucked his mortal shell and morphed into another more-vapid form (I think). Faint whispers of rumours about past lifers & guests who overstepped the bounds of argumentum ad hominem-ism, or sectarian provocationalization, were scarce in there, and rightly so…I think the keepers are all quite busy trying to actually do life, instead of helping renegades sort out where the boundaries of decency are for ours. 

I watched that video of TBDBITL 15 times. There was some good reading material, and the bathrooms were actually cleaner than Saturday-mornings-in-the 12W Lounge after-a-Skittles & Zima-Banger.

Alas, with the beer gone and the sickening odor of McGriddles wafting through the bars, this morning bright and early, I received my reprieve from on high! His Supreme Overlord, the High Priestas Himself informed me in a kind-hearted email, of the error that sequestered me to the hole and granted, with apologies, my release. (They must be into the bourbon already because he told me the Mods think I’m not normally a nuisance, which we all know to be patently untrue…as long as I take my meds...drugs can help, if you don't use them right).

I’ve learned my lesson; I won’t do it again! I appreciate the Dub-justice system. If in doubt, send a note asking for clarification…or go away mad; it’s always our choice to learn nothing. Thanks for the memories. If you need me, I’ll be in Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, or some half-way house in Hilltop. Cheers! ~0H-10

Mod Edit: Moving to Anything Else, not really pertinent to Site Stuff beyond occurring here, which encompasses literally everything on 11W, so...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 83 Comments