Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Corey Would've Been 44 Years Old Today

Chris Lauderback's picture
November 8, 2017 at 2:31pm
35 Comments

For 11W readers who go way back, you remember our third writer, Corey Carpenter and that he was a best friend to me and Jason since high school.

If you remember that, you definitely remember that we lost Corey unexpectedly back in March to a heart issue which is still baffling when you consider the guy was all heart.

Corey should have turned 44 years young today and I just wanted to ask everyone to join the 11W staff in wishing him a Happy Birthday as he looks down upon us.

As I touched on during my most recent Five Things, we made the trip out to Iowa City for last weekend's game because Corey's parents and brother live in nearby Cedar Rapids knowing it would be a very tough weekend not just for us but certainly his family. It was tough but seeing his family and some of his friends from his undergrad days still brought a smile to our faces amidst that shit show of a game.

Anyway, here's to you Corey. Still missed, still not forgotten. Happy Birthday, my man.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments