Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Ideas on Generating More Donations for Woody Statue

Chris Lauderback's picture
March 4, 2017 at 7:11am
60 Comments

I'm guessing most of you are somewhat familiar with the site's current fundraiser in which we're trying to reach $40,000 so we can have a life-sized statue of Woody placed in his hometown of Newcomerstown, Ohio. 

In the last few weeks or more, the donations have unfortunately stalled. I've got a few irons in the fire with businesses in that portion of the state that aren't yet factored into our current tally of $11,820 but I'm still not thrilled with where we stand. 

I've reached out to what I feel are a few Buckeye-centric businesses locally but I've not gotten much traction on that front as of yet. 

The reason I bring this up here is I'm far from a professional in this arena and I'm hoping you all can help with some idea generation. 

What businesses do you think we should reach out to? Do you have any leads at any businesses that might be interested? Who else should we reach out to directly or can you think of more effective ways to market the effort? 

Honestly, I'm sure there's some low-hanging fruit here since we're pursuing this effort alongside our day jobs, managing family time etc. but I'd love to get your thoughts. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 60 Comments