Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Tatum 1.3.2 Release Notes

Jason Priestas's picture
September 25, 2015 at 5:45am
113 Comments

Okay, we're starting to feel like we have server stability under control and this release should make some of you very happy while still ensuring the servers aren't literally catching on fire.

• Comment auto-collapsing is gone, but the ability to collapse and expand threads is still in place. By default, however, all comments are expanded. I'd really appreciate it if you guys all played nicely and avoided threadjacking.
  • Comments now have a rather generous threshold per type (article, forum post, buckshot, etc.). If the number of comments for an item exceeds this threshold, you will have to click one rather large button to show all comments in one fell swoop. You can see an example of this in action. If the comment count is below the threshold, comments will just automagically display like they did in the old days. Clicking the number of comments or new comment links will automagically show all comments regardless of whether the threshold has been met.
  • Because of the above, the "new" comment bug has been fixed – now you'll see all new comments at once and won't have to wonder what comments are new on subsequent pages of comments because comment paging is dead. Dead, I tell you.
  • The mercy rule is back – meaning if a comment receives a score of -10, voting shuts off. You're welcome, awful commenters.
  • Various tweaks to hide data from anonymous visitors, thus helping site performance. Examples include activity stream, helmet stickers and voting record on user profile pages. Sign up for an account if you want to see that stuff.
  • A few UI tweaks here and there.

My hope is that helps – or at least comes close to  satisfying all parties. You guys have the old commenting system back (with a slight twist) and the servers have a lighter load.

Thanks for your patience and support.

PREVIOUS RELEASES: 1.3.11.31.2 | 1.1 | 1.04 | 1.03 | 1.02 | 1.01

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 113 Comments