Let's call this the performance update. Some of these fixes and features rolled out early, but most are just hitting the site tonight.
- Fixed the performance problems with mobile Safari. You're now free to scroll longer comment threads on your iPhone or iPad without injuring your thumb. It flies now. FINALLY. Give it a try.
- Spell check works in the editor now – with a catch. Since right-click is used by the editor, you must hold down Cmd (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) when right-clicking a misspelled word to get suggestions.
- Cut front page Buckshot count from 5 to 3. Lowered font size for headlines on these Buckshots.
- Buckshots now support OpenGraph and Twitter card images.
- Featured articles are no longer providing a double-slashed link to click on (transparent and didn't break anything, but annoying).
- Article Facebook share count now shows correctly.
- Fix for section pages that weren't displaying any content when there weren't at least three pieces featured.
- Fixed errors being thrown by the user profile page.
- Fix for issue where visitors could see unpublished articles in an author's activity stream.
- User menu works for iPhone and iPad now.
- Opened the Premium Membership Lounge.
We still have quite a few issues to complete, including fixes for IE8, Samsung Galaxy, and Firefox.
As always, thanks for your patience while we work through this.