Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

I think I must be downvoting in my sleep.

+1 HS
Earle's picture
February 2, 2015 at 10:48am
126 Comments

So, when the voting totals were posted to our user profile pages, I was somewhat surprised at the number of downvotes I had handed out over time.  Now I'll admit to not being shy about handing out downvotes for violating the commenting policy, and I'm on here a lot, so I expected to have a healthy number.  But still, the total was surprising to me.

Since then, I've kept an eye on my voting totals.  I think I have given one intentional downvote since the totals were posted, yet my downvote total has increased by eight or so.  So I figured I must be doing a lot of unintentional scrolling downvotes.  Because I really don't have anything better to do, I went back through all of the threads that I had commented on (at least the ones that are still on my profile page), looking for my downvotes so I could correct them.  I didn't find a single downvote.

Anyway, my apologies to anyone who may have received a spurious downvote from me.  I'm also curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 126 Comments