Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

The Indians Francisco Lindor Question

+3 HS
DefenceWinsChampionships's picture
November 16, 2019 at 8:33am
36 Comments

So everyone knows the Indians have a decision to make this offseason. Francisco Lindor has two years left on his contract before he attempts to break Bryce Harper’s contract record - a contract record that everyone knows the Indians won’t be paying. So the question becomes when, not if, the Indians finally deal him, and what could the return be? I know there are many who are of the opinion that when you have a hall of fame talent, you ride that wave for as long as you can. However, I’m of the opinion that it’s better to have multiple plus level players and a balanced roster than having one superstar and a lineup full of holes. I also believed that letting Lindor walk in two years for nothing seems like a good way to set the franchise back a decade. For a while, I figured they should hold him for one more year, make another run at the ultimate goal, and then cut their losses next offseason. However, the more I think about it, I wonder, are the Indians really better right now with Lindor than they would if they traded him right now? I mean, the nationals lost Harper and still won the series. San Diego gained Machado and only improved by four wins. If you could replace Lindor with Alex Verdugo, Gavin Lux, and another top prospect or two from the Dodgers; or for Clint Frazier, Miguel Andular, and multiple prospects from the Yankees, plus $16 mil in freed up salary to spend in free agency (Didi Gregorious?), doesn’t that make the tribe better and deeper right now and into the future? What are your thoughts? Should the tribe trade him now? Not at all? Or something in the middle?  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments