Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

James Harrison returns his sons "participation trophies" because they weren't earned

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
August 16, 2015 at 6:33pm
111 Comments

Just saw this. The story is a few days old. I don't know much about Harrison but thought this was refreshing.

"I came home to find out that my boys received two trophies for nothing, participation trophies! While I am very proud of my boys for everything they do and will encourage them till the day I die, these trophies will be given back until they EARN a real trophy. I'm sorry I'm not sorry for believing that everything in life should be earned and I'm not about to raise two boys to be men by making them believe that they are entitled to something just because they tried their best...cause sometimes your best is not enough, and that should drive you to want to do better...not cry and whine until somebody gives you something to shut u up and keep you happy."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25271213/look-james-harriso...

Here is an interesting clip from HBO Real Sports on this very topic of participation trophies.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 111 Comments