Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Anyone else watch Le Tour de France?

0 HS
BBQ_Fan's picture
July 3, 2015 at 9:27am
49 Comments

Almost hesitate to post this, but it definitely fits into "Other Sports"...  Anyone else follow Le Tour which starts Saturday?  

If you've never watched before its actually pretty exciting television once you get a hang of what's going on.  Full disclosure - I enjoy recreational cycling - but my late father who probably never rode a bike even as a kid started watching in his 70's and he loved it.

Multiple competitions inside one big event, crazy drunken fans camped out for days and lining the route up mountain passes, 40mph sprint finishes, 65 mph mountain descents, oh and crashes just like NASCAR. Great commentators Phil Liggett and Paul Scherwen do a terrific job of explaining it all.

This year features some hairy cobblestone segments, a team time trial and climbs up the legendary Tourmalet and L'Alpe d'Huez.

Personally would like to see former champ & Englishman Chris Froome bounce back from last year's crashes to win or maybe Nairo Quintana the insane Columbian climber.  Personally I can't stand Alberto Contador, the Spanish A-Rod of cycling.  I've got other stuff to do on the 4th of July, but I'll be tuning in a lot over the next 3 weeks.  Anyone with me?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments