Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Should Ohio State Pursue Zach Evans?

-2 HS
NiekampPayton's picture
March 6, 2020 at 9:34am
53 Comments

Zach Evans, a 2020 running back out of Texas is still available in this recruiting cycle. A one time Georgia commit is running out of time to make a decision for where he will be attending in the fall. Rumors have been swirling that Ole Miss and Florida seem to be in the lead for him, but with the current depth problems at running back for Ohio State, it wouldn't make sense for him not to consider it. Evans didn't play in his team's state championship game, apparently, an altercation with a coach kept him at home for the day. It is widely known that he carries some baggage issues and could be an off the field problem, but there is no doubt that he can play football. The question at hand is, should Ohio State make the phone call and take a chance on him or let him fall to an SEC school. 

We have seen something like this play out before, Maurice Clarett in 2002. Dude was a monster on the football field as a true freshman after having some off the field issues. In my personal opinion, with the injuries of Teague and Crowley, I don't think it would hurt to give Evans a call. I trust Coach Day and if he isn't calling him for a certain reason I respect that, but if they could clear up his off the field issues and set him straight, he would definitely be an instant impact player on the offense.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 53 Comments