Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

It's Spring Game Week and Who's Ready for Some Football?!?

+12 HS
Defiance's picture
April 8, 2018 at 7:33pm
38 Comments

So it's become somewhat of a tradition to pack up the wagon and make the 6 hour trek from the Windy City to Columbus for the Spring Game. It's like a rite of passage or a warm up if you like. We always make sure we start the preseason with a visit to Columbus and it sets the stage for as many return trips as our calendars and bank accounts allow us to make during the regular season. 

Last year, the football gods were especially kind to us as we made it to the UNLV game (and proceeded to bake in the mid summer heat) and had the mind blowing pleasure of making it back to Columbus for the Penn State game as well and what a game that turned out to be!! We capped off the year with a trip to Indy for the B1G Championship Game so we are looking to continue our streak into 2018 and it all starts this Saturday.

Now don't get me wrong, it's not the same flavor as a regular season tilt for sure but it marks the somewhat official start of the upcoming football season. There's something special about packing The Shoe with 100,000+ screaming Buckeyes fans even if the final score isn't really considering keeping score.

It's been a long cold winter off season and I for one am ready to shake off the frost and make ready for what should be a stellar year of Buckeye football at tOSU! I'm hearing there's a chance of rain but with temperatures in the 60's and UFM and his merry band of million dollar assistant coaches walking the sidelines, the stage is set to kickoff the 2018 season and you better believe I'm ready, able and willing to do my part to get this season started with a bang!

So what's the point you're asking... I knew it when I started this post but now I'm not sure I can recall it myself?!? Oh yeah, that's right. So my point is simply this:

I can't be the only 11/12dubber making the pilgrimage to Columbus this weekend so I'm wondering if there's anything official planned for Friday night before. I haven't seen anything official so I figured I'd throw this out there for anyone who might be in town and looking for a little something to get the mind and spirit ready. I've had the pleasure of hanging with ya'all on a couple of different occasions and it's always nice to put a face to an avatar. Last year at the 11W Banger at BWW, I had the pleasure of hanging with DJ, Hove, Ramzy and assorted other rowdy ruffians and I'd definitely be down for a little more 11W debauchery before this year's Spring Game!

It's become an unofficial ritual to grab a dog at Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace and then make the short walk next door to 16-Bit Bar & Arcade for a beverage and some good old fashioned arcade game action. It's always a good time, easy on the wallet and a great way to decompress and get your weekend started.

If that's not your thing, post some of your own ideas and let's see if we can't put our collective heads together and get this weekend started off on the right foot. 

What say you Warriors?!?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 38 Comments