Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Ohio State Gets Some Love on Twitter from 4-star DE Target

+2 HS
Defiance's picture
March 22, 2018 at 3:57pm
18 Comments

Hey there Dubbers and Happy Pro Day.

With all the focus today being on those that are working out for the bevy of NFL bigwigs converging on Columbus, here's a little good news from a (hopefully) future Buckeye.

The football program got some good news. Whether it was in the form of getting some love on social media from a high-touted recruit, or getting some future visits penciled in, it was a pretty good day on the recruiting trail for the Scarlet and Gray.

This DE happens to be the brother of a current Buckeye basketball member, Micah Potter.

Looks like it must run in the family and that's been a pretty successful formula before in Columbus with the Boren's and the Bosa's (I'm certain I've missed others but I'm sure my Buckeye brethren will let me know which ones) so why not again? 

Already, the Buckeye basketball program has one of the Potter brothers. Micah Potter was part of the 2016 class that then-head coach Thad Matta brought in.

Flash forward a couple years later, and one of his other siblings is being recruited by the Buckeye football program. Or, is the younger sibling recruiting Ohio State?

I like the way this one is trending... 

Noah Potter, a four-star defensive end in the 2019 class, got the people on social media talking after posting that ‘Runs in the Family’ graphic on Twitter. Some people thought he commit to the Buckeyes, but that was not the case.

Even though he didn’t verbally attach himself to Urban Meyer’s program, things are still looking good for the Scarlet and Gray to pick up the Mentor, Ohio, native. According to 247sports, there are 15 crystal ball predictions in for Potter; all of them point toward the DE committing to OSU. Granted there haven’t been any new predictions in about a month, but with a recent offer from the Alabama Crimson Tide, and an unofficial visit to Wisconsin last week, the fact that nothing has shook the foundation of a Potter-to-OSU prediction seems like a good thing if you’re a Buckeye fan.

His list of offers is impressive but the Scarlet and Gray hue of his Twitter looks good on any day!

Potter already holds over 20 offers, with the likes of Penn State, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Michigan State and Notre Dame already in the game for the No. 8 talent in Ohio’s 2019 recruiting class.

For those interested, here's the link for the whole read.

Carry on! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments