Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Tavion Thomas Trends Away from OSU

+6 HS
neo's picture
February 4, 2018 at 9:19am
44 Comments

Welp, after all the late excitement about potentially landing in state RB Tavion Thomas, it appears Coach Fickell has swooped in and made the move at UC.  Just when it seemed like a foregone conclusion that Thomas would be in our class after a late decommitment from Oklahoma, it appears - at least per the 247Sports Crystal ball - that he's heading down to the Queen City. (UC has picked up 67% of the CBs in the last 24 hours)

I do wonder, however, if that means we may be making room for one - maybe TWO - elite offensive tackles (Walker & Petit-Frere).  I'd imagine Urban told Thomas we didn't have the room for him, and that's the reason for the quick pivot to UC.

I'd take that trade.  Going to be a fun week!

Edit: I just noticed Andrew ever so briefly touched on Thomas in his article this morning:

Dayton tailback Tavion Thomas appeared to be the most likely addition, but yesterday evening we were told the staff likely has moved on from the in-state three-star. While it's not exactly a position of need, he would bring a unique skill set to the backfield. Luke Fickell and the Bearcats may very well benefit from the Buckeyes' decision on this one.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments