Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

OSU vs UM - comparison of recruiting prospects

+4 HS
TheDizzle's picture
July 31, 2017 at 3:29pm
86 Comments

Michigan has picked up 3 pledges over the last couple days, which is frustrating. The growing consensus across college football media since Harbaugh arrived is that Michigan is catching up to Ohio State. I'm here to argue that the gap last year is as close as it's going to get - from here on out it's just going to widen. I'll make my point through the 2018 recruiting class. Ohio State currently has the #1 recruiting class in the country with a 95.10 avg recruit rating. Michigan currently has the #15 class in the country with a 90.52 avg recruit rating. With that I decided to look at the outlook of remaining cycle by ONLY looking at Crystal Balls. Not all of OSU/UM targets are on the list but If they had a CB over 30%, I put them on the list. Here are the results.

Ohio State:
Micah Parsons- .9985
Jackson Carman- .9952
Anthony Cook- .9928
Tyson Campbell- .9882
Kamryn Babb- .9775
Tyreke Smith- .9649
Blue Smith- .9502
K'vaughan Pope- .9306
Jayson Oweh- .9287
AVERAGE- .9679

Michigan:
Tyler Friday- .9674
Mustapha Muhammad- .9519
Daniel Faalele- .8815
Kolin Demens- .8656
Sammy Faustin- .8466
AVERAGE- .9026

Wow! Ohio State's overall average is higher than Michigan's best target. Show this to the next moron who tries to argue Michigan is "closing the gap". The gap is widening.
Note: Once again I emphasize, I only used recruits with a Crystal Ball over 30%.
OSU DNQ- St. Brown, Tuliaupupu, Dotson, Togiagi, Oats
UM DNQ- Gervin

[mod edit - fixed your title]

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 86 Comments