Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

The Countdown for Donovan Peoples-Jones

+20 HS
ajskiba23's picture
December 13, 2016 at 3:53pm
272 Comments

I made up a new topic on DPJ since the other one is approaching 300 comments and dates back to official, also to condense the information.

So, it is Tuesday, December 13th, and we are a little under 53 hours from hearing where DPJ, the 5-star WR from Detroit's Cass Tech High School will attend college.

Update to anyone that has been living under a rock:

Sunday: As DPJ is wrapping up his official visit in Ann Arbor, Birm from Land of 10 hears from a source that is 50/50 between Ohio State and Florida State, which goes against everything we've heard with him being all Michigan. Birm doesn't believe it, but says the source is reliable. He then proceed to piss off the entire state of Michigan on Twitter.

Sunday evening: The energizer bunny Kerry Coombs, WR coach Zach Smith and Urban Meyer risk their lives (literally) through a level 3 snow emergency to make a visit to have the final face-to-face contact of any coaches until his decision.

Monday: Alex Gleitman from Bucknuts says he hears something interesting regarding DPJ. Says he can't elaborate until he does more digging, but says it's along the lines of his mom absolutely preferring the OSU coaching staff to Michigan's. Also, Gleitman notes that he's heard since summer that DPJ would prefer to leave the state, but it's not an absolute deciding factor. He had reported that previously. Bill Kuerlic and other OSU writers say that there is no chance this is true, as they heard he was recruiting Najee Harris to UM during their official visits.

Tuesday: Alex Gleitman reports again saying that he talked to another source that is "never to rarely" wrong on first-hand info, saying that if the gun was to their head, they think DPJ picks Ohio State. He says he can't believe what he's hearing and still believes it is a smoke screen it seems so ridiculous. Birm once again goes on the record and says that he's been hearing since Sunday that it has been trending OSU's way. Also Tuesday, Donovan Peoples-Jones announces via Twitter that he will be making his decision live on ESPN Thursday night at 8:30PM.

Tuesday Night: Birm says that his source had this to say: 

"People that should know (what Peoples-Jones is thinking) say Ohio State leads over Florida State and that Michigan is out. So I think Ohio State is leading. If my sources are wrong then no one knows." 

Birm said he fully trusts his source, and the source shared that Peoples-Jones has been wanting to make a decision in the dead period for a few months, so it is sort of coincidental with the other Michigan targets. However, he went to Tate Martell for more of a feel and this is what Martell had to say:

"He's not texting me back. I just don't see it happening."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 272 Comments