Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

TCU Insiders CB Browning to Buckeyes

+19 HS
neo's picture
November 29, 2016 at 7:52pm
236 Comments

I promise I generally resist the urge to post all crystal balls that favor the local team, but this Baron Browning recruitment is an important one for those of us following - Top 10 player overall, ranked #1 or #2 OLB in the class, composite 5* from Texas (and close friend of Okudah).

Recently, the trend has been unequivocally in favor of Alabama, who surged into the lead late in the recruitment.  Almost all of the Crystal Balls flew over there after his OV to Tuscaloosa (including Wiltfong, the wizard), but after his Buckeye OV for The Game he delayed his decision (Birm chose not to change his CB).

Tonight, 4 Ohio State coaches are meeting in-home with Browning (incl. UFM) - as well as Bama immediately after.  Many think a decision could come immediately after meeting with both teams tonight.

TCU was also considered to be a candidate for Browning's services, though it has mostly become a Buckeye/Bama battle...

So isn't it at least a little bit interesting that the 2 lead writers for TCU put in Crystal Balls for the Buckeyes tonight?  Have they heard something early?  Could Browning have informed TCU of his decision?

It's crootin' season, folks.

See:  http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/TargetPredictions

OP Edit:  I realize Browning's recruitment has been generally covered ad nauseam, but I'm still a kid in candy shop in the Meyer era, as I remember the days when getting 1 5* recruit was a massive, program changing victory.  Urban is working to close 7 or 8, ya'll.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 236 Comments