Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Cam Akers & Trey Smith set official visits

+12 HS
Defiance's picture
November 9, 2016 at 12:29pm
150 Comments

Clinton (Miss.) 5-star running back Cam Akers and Jackson (Tenn.) University School 5-star offensive tackle Trey Smith are both scheduled to be on official visits in Columbus when they take on ttun November 26th.

The news stories are behind paywalls so I can't share any of the images or text but still very good news on both fronts.

All UFM needs to do is get them on campus and we all know the rest... ABC!!

I was able to get some info from other sites on the two prospects:

The 5-foot-11 and 210-pound Akers is a 5-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He is the country’s No. 6 overall prospect, the No. 2 running back and the No. 1 prospect in Mississippi.

The 6-foot-5 and 302-pound Smith is a 5-star prospect in the 247Sports rankings. He is the country’s No. 5 overall prospect, the No. 3 offensive tackle, and the No. 1 prospect in Tennessee. 

I think many would agree that Smith seems like a long shot but can you imagine Myers, Moretti AND Smith in this class?!? I think Akers might be a little more realistic even though it seems like things are trending away a little lately. 

Can you imagine Dobbins and Akers (if both would stay) as the 2017 RBs behind that massive OL?!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 150 Comments