Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Weber update from Detroit News hours old!!

0 HS
osuisnumber1's picture
January 28, 2015 at 6:48pm
15 Comments

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2015...

The article:

Only a few days ago, Detroit Cass Tech running back told The Detroit News he is sticking with his pledge to play football for Ohio State.

But two recruiting websites reported that Weber met with new Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh on Wednesday in the Detroit area. GoBlueWolverine.com and Wolverine247.com reported the meeting.

Harbaugh, who was formally introduced as Michigan's head coach on Dec. 30, and his staff have been making a strong recruiting push these last few weeks. The first day of the signing period is Feb. 4.

Weber, a four-star running back, originally committed to Michigan but decommitted in late November shortly before coach Brady Hoke was fired. Weber then announced his commitment to Ohio State.

Cass Tech coach Thomas Wilcher said Wednesday he doesn't know where Weber stands on his football future right now.

"Harbaugh has been calling Weber since he got here," Wilcher said.

Weber told The News in a story published last week that he wasn't planning to make an official visit to Michigan.

"I haven't made one to Michigan, and I don't think I will," Weber said.

Weber rushed for 2,268 yards and 29 touchdowns last fall.

"I don't know anything about it right now," Wilcher said when asked about the reported meeting.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments