Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What Should the B1G Do for the Remainder of Michigan's Season?

-2 HS
Archie's Bunker's picture
October 26, 2023 at 12:31am

I'm in favor of due process and letting the facts evolve before determining whatever the appropriate punishment is, if anything, for Michigan's sign stealing efforts. I admittedly don't know how significant the advantage is although it feels like it would be a huge advantage to know what plays are going to be run and what the defense is going to do in advance. The real question should be... How does the rest of the season play out without giving Michigan an advantage for the remainder of the season?

I propose two easy changes...one of which is realistic and the other simply won't happen.

1. Allow all future opponents to use the helmets with transmitters. Obviously the technology already exists and would eliminate the need for signs thus neutralizing Michigan's advantage.

2. Make the remainder of the games away games. They should have to forfeit home field advantage. It would probably feel like "home away home" since they've spent so much time in the other stadiums anyhow.

Seriously, there's absolutely no reason to not allow their opponents to use transmitters in the spirit of fair competition the rest of the season. I don't understand why people think it's so easy to change signs. That takes away valuable planning and practice time while likely limiting the playbook and increasing the odds that a penalty or botched play will occur.

MOD EDIT:  This is a thought that can be shared in one of the many existing threads.  Please read the current threads before you post. Trying to keep the OP's down to the few informational ones or the ones that post unique / original narrative.

Closing, soon to be deleted.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.