Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Implementing an Entirely New System of Signals Mid-season: Is It Possible?

+7 HS
milhouse4588's picture
October 24, 2023 at 8:56am
69 Comments

I ask this to others who have far more experience with college offenses, how they are structured, and how they are practiced and learned by the team:

An offense like OSU's is very complex. It's been quoted from Day (I believe) that we changed signals ahead of the Michigan game last year but clearly that did nothing to either help us out because Michigan was either that much better or they had information we thought they didn't have.

So...with these reports gaining more clarity and credibility with each leak, do we have the ability to start from scratch and install a completely new system in the middle of the season? Is that at all feasible or putting an extreme burden on our players who do still have to "play school" at the same time?

Or is our solution for the Michigan game to just overhaul how we get the play-calls in and do what we did with Clemson? I don't think that would work for our defense because of how substitutions and pre-snap adjustments work, but that seems like the realistic but still unfortunate scenario.

Would love to know from more knowledgeable minds!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 69 Comments