Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Possible Key Advice when Thinking of the QB Position by Urban.

+3 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture
December 29, 2022 at 6:44pm
21 Comments

A recent interview with Urban Meyer and WBNS the QB position and the role and his response was interesting to me. It answers the fans that complain or complained about the amount of QB runs under Meyer.

My take away is that you have to expect busted plays and for various reasons.

And as one, myself, that has played lots of football, it's very possible to have everything not go your way for absurd random or unexpected ways. That's why there are upsets and we play the game.

The list of games and seasons that can prove nothing is guaranteed and it's actually difficult to play on such high physical and mental expectations
on a consistent basis.

With that said, it was on response when asked if C.J. should run Saturday.

He said with all due respect to others, the QB needs to do what he needs to do to get a first down when a play breaks down.

So from afar, there could be so much speculation on why games turn out the way they do but things in their personal lives affect the way they play as well.

Who has the most effort? Who has the capacity to stay engaged in an angry level for the duration?

So thinking of past QBs and overall teams, if there was a slightest reason of a play breaking down or some kind of nervous ness or paranoia, they know they have to take advantage of yards with their feet that even seem obvious to the causal fan.

I found myself the other day telling someone that there were times last season or during C.J.s career that it felt intentional in that it was like to prove that he can always win only by throws.

Sure seems like Urban is spot on with the approach of the game. Definitely interviewed like an experienced coach whether you care about the drama he brings. He knows stuff.

Day is still learning........ he has a test Saturday.

So hearing Urban talk like this in the interview has one thinking the Day has been obviously hearing the talk, right?

Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments