Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is It Possible That Coach Day is Slow Playing the Offense to the Entire Country?

+7 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
November 13, 2021 at 1:06pm
76 Comments

Obviously the struggles of the Buckeye offense, particularly in the running game of late, have been well documented... but hear me out... Is coach Day slow playing the entire country?

I'll take you back to his first game as the official head coach of Ohio State, against FAU... The Buckeyes came out with a hot start, went up 28-0, then it was like the offense was stuck with the e-brake on the rest of the way, they "got past" FAU, and then there was a home showdown vs. UC, a very good UC team that many analysts thought after the FAU game were going to give the Buckeyes a helluva fight... We know how that ended, the Buckeyes blew the Bearcats doors off.

So, is there any chance that Ryan Day has kept the governor on the offense the last few weeks, allowing them to do enough to get the W but not show too much so that when the stretch run comes down the pike and the Buckeyes are facing a tough and plucky Purdue, a better than expected Sparty, and then ultimately a showdown with the rivals up north, they can put the pedal to the metal and then we'll see what the offense can really do?

I know, I know, this is a stretch, and likely a farce, but when I look at the talent on the field, and the brilliant coaching minds on the sideline I'm almost at a loss for words when looking at the struggles the offense has had, particularly in the red zone.

Also, worth mentioning I write this mostly in satire, Go Bucks! Beat the Boilermakers!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 76 Comments