Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Time to Curb Our Expectations

+15 HS
buckeye_in_WI's picture
September 26, 2021 at 9:51am
101 Comments

After seeing both McCord and Miller play yesterday, and being able to reflect a bit on the first 4 games of the season for our buckeyes as well as for the rest of the country, I realize now that us as fans need to check our expectations for the QB play. It's clear that we've been spoiled the last 3 years with our quarterbacks. Haskins was stellar in his one year at the helm and if it wasn't for UGA botching their QB room we dont get one of the best QBs in school history in J Fields for the 2 years we did.

We've seen 3 extremely talented young kids take a crack at QB so far, and they've done a fair job in the limited time so far. But i have to admit, I (and many others on here based on the posts) feel disappointed. We were expecting J Fields part 2. But clearly that is incredibly unreasonable.

Just take a look around. Many big name young QBs are going struggles.

Rattler practically got booed yesterday
Mertz is struggling mightily
DJ is a huge step down at Clemson from Lawrence and needs work

It's clear that most of these kids need time to make the adjustments needed to excel at the college level. I think many of us underestimate how hard the transition is. Same can be said going from college to pros. Lawrence, Fields, Zach Wilson are all looking lackluster in their first games.

The only guy who hasn't seem to struggle as much is Bryce Young, but add that to the list of things of how Alabama is different than everyone.

What they are trying to do is extemely hard and We shouldn't expect a near flawless start to their careers as many of us, myself included, are guilty of. They need time and support to make this transition. We have failed to support our guys when they need us to.

And if we aren't careful, we will do the same to Ewers next year.

We are extremely lucky to have all 3 of these young men fighting for their chance to lead the S&G. I have no doubt that whoever is our QB for the rest of this year they will figure it out. But for now we need to stop acting like if they aren't the next Justin Fields they suck and we need to move on.

Go Bucks and Go QB room!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 101 Comments