Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week's Question: If You Could Add Any Two Teams to the Big Ten, Who Would You Choose?

Dan Hope's picture
August 9, 2021 at 8:00am
96 Comments

If the Big Ten was to follow the SEC's lead and expand to 16 teams, and you could add any two teams to the conference, who would you choose?

Your answers don't have to be realistic; the question here is simply which two teams you'd most like to see in the Big Ten with Ohio State and the rest of the current teams in the conference, regardless of whether those teams are likely to ever actually become Big Ten members.

For me personally, I like that the Big Ten still makes geographic sense, so I'd keep it that way by going with Notre Dame and Kentucky. I'd add Notre Dame because it has the best football program of any Midwest team that isn't already in the Big Ten. I believe Kentucky would also be a quality addition in football – it's already doing a lot of its recruiting in the Midwest, and it's become more competitive in the SEC in recent years – while also adding one of the nation's best men's basketball programs to the conference.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 96 Comments