Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Keep Up the Pressure! (...and My Fall Football Last Hope Scenario)

+12 HS
gould68's picture
August 26, 2020 at 3:25pm
49 Comments

Let me start by applauding the efforts of Randy Wade and #B1Gparentsunited to seek answers and transparency. They are making headlines. We all need to support their fight. I hope the turnout Saturday is massive. We can’t relent in the pressure being applied to the Big Ten for making this decision entirely too early when the schedule they released allowed for delays, postponements, and rescheduled games. The parent pressure is great. The pressure being applied by some in the CFB media is also great. The real pressure will come from other leagues navigating their way through a successful fall season.

Let’s say the first 3 weeks of fall season go off without a hitch. I’m hoping the pressure is so intense that a majority of the B1G university presidents will backtrack on their postponement to no earlier than January 2021. We know at least 4 presidents are already in favor of fall football (Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio State and Penn State). All it takes is 4 more to reconsider. 

If weeks 0, 1, 2, and 3 are played largely controversy-free, without a  significant number of rescheduled games or star players missing games due to a positive test, the Big Ten will look as if they made a poor decision to postpone all the way to winter rather than pushing back the start date such as what OSU president Kristina Johnson was advocating for.

At that point, if 4 more presidents were to come out in favor of a delayed fall season AND if they made that call after the week 3 Sept.19 games, they’d have enough time to reinstate fall camps and to schedule 8 game seasons beginning October 17 and ending December 5 or 12 (depending on if a bye week is built in). A B1G title game could be held December 19 in that prime time slot right after the SEC championship the same day.

Every winter plan leak I’ve seen mentions an 8 game season. They could still get in 8 games in the fall with a late reversal. While it’s not as ideal as playing 11 or 12 games such as the ACC, B12, and SEC champions, I think a 9-0 Big Ten champion would be enough to be considered and likely picked for the CFP.

With that being said, I realize the chances of getting 4 of the 10 presidents and Kevin Warren to buckle to the pressure and endorse something like this are long. Really, really long.

We must support these players’ parents. We must keep signing petitions. We must show up this rally Saturday at 11AM. We need to be loud. We need to keep the pressure on. We also all should be rooting for problem free fall football.

Keep up the pressure!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments