Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Year's Team Answered Every Last Question People Had About Them Coming into the Season

+6 HS
mmp15f's picture
December 29, 2019 at 10:19pm
12 Comments

Our fans, fans of other teams, analysts, etc. all asked the following questions prior to the 2019 season when discussing Ohio State:

Will Ohio State continue to win with Ryan Day as head coach?

Can Justin Fields actually throw the ball well? 

Can they deal with having to replace 4 O-line starters?

Can they improve their run game?

Can their defense play up to their talent level? 

Will the linebacker play improve?

Will the defensive backs stop committing so many penalties?

Also, every player that was so heavily criticized in 2018 showed a big improvement: 

Pete Werner 

Damon Arnette

JK Dobbins: a good amount of our fans weren't high on him coming into this season after he regressed a little in 2018

Tuf Borland & Baron Browning: I figured I'd group these two together. Neither are perfect, but they both improved tremendously. I feel like they each still get nitpicked for their mistakes too much, but the reality is that they both had good years. Compare their play this season to what they looked like in 2018 - they each deserve a lot of credit.

I'm not one for moral victories. The point of this post is mainly to give credit to every player & staff member from this team for contributing to the improvement we saw compared to 2018. I also think this season is a good reason to remain confident in Ryan Day because he showed that he can, and will, make changes when necessary. I think the future for our program is brighter than ever

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments