Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Reflections on a Decade/What Are Your Expectations for the Coming Years?

+5 HS
Sonof'47alum's picture
December 29, 2019 at 8:30pm
14 Comments

As we are about to enter the (hopefully) Roaring Twenties for Ohio State football, I think it’s first worth a brief look at what transpired in the past decade, which started off with a bang in the Rose Bowl on January 1, 2010 with a Buckeyes victory over Oregon, 26-17. 

In some respects, that Rose Bowl win seems like a lot longer than ten years ago given everything that has transpired since that glorious day in Pasadena.

So here’s a list of the major accomplishments/events in the past ten years (including the “vacated” wins):

—One national championship

—4-1 in B1G Title games and one other B1G co-championship before the inception of the Title game

—9-1 vs TTUN

—7-4 in CFP/Bowl games (all of which were New Year’s Six/CFP with only one exception)

—One perfect season, five one-loss seasons, three two-loss seasons, and one 6-7 season.

—Seven Top-5 rankings in the final polls (and I am including this season since I can’t see how they would be ranked below number 3).

So...it is HIGHLY unlikely we will see another losing season in the next decade.  

But beyond that, would you be satisfied with a repeat of this record of excellence in the Roaring 20s?

Do you expect one natty, or more than one natty in the coming ten years?  I realize that it’s hard to project that far into the future; hell, at 66 with some major health issues, I might not be around to see the end of the next decade.

But, as we saw yesterday with as talented a Buckeyes team as I have ever seen, sports can be so unpredictable and results are never guaranteed—which is why I am grateful for what I have witnessed in the past decade, notwithstanding the most recent disappointment.

Go Buckeyes!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments