Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU All-Decade Team - Offense

+3 HS
DefenceWinsChampionships's picture
December 20, 2019 at 8:17am
41 Comments

Yesterday, 11UrbzandSpices posted a topic on who Ohio State's player of the decade would be, and it got me to reflect over the past 10 years. Looking back at this decade, we've had the pleasure of watching some absolutely terrific players come and go, and I began to wonder who would be on our All-Decade Team. Not necessarily who the most accomplished players were, or who went on to be the best pros, but if you had to form a team based solely on talent in college to square off against a similar team from Bama or another elite school, who would you put on it? We'll look at Offense now and Defense later today.

1 QB: Terrelle Pryor, Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Dwayne Haskins, Justin Fields

1 RB: Dan Herron, Carlos Hyde, Ezekiel Elliot, Mike Weber, JK Dobbins

3 WR: Devier Posey, Dane Sanzenbacher, Devin Smith, Michael Thomas, Curtis Samuel, Parris Campbell, Terry McLaurin, KJ Hill, Chris Olave

1 TE: Jake Stoneburner, Jeff Heuerman, Nick Vannett, Marcus Baugh, Luke Farrell

2 OT: Mike Adams, Reid Fragel, Taylor Decker, Jamarco Jones, Isaiah Prince, Thayer Munford

3 G/C: Justin Boren, Corey Linsley, Andrew Norwell, Pat Elflein, Jacoby Boren, Billy Price, Michael Jordan, Wyatt Davis, Josh Myers

Some debates are easy: give me Zeke all day at running back. Some debates are hard: How the hell do you pick just one QB?!?!

My objectively wrong opinion would be: Fields at QB (I'm fully aware I will be attacked for this, but I believe he's the best blend of throwing and running we've ever had); Zeke at RB; Thomas (go-to guy), Smith (deep threat), and Samuel (slot) at WR; Stoneburner at TE; Decker and Jones at T; Elflein and Jordan at G; and Linsley at C. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments