Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Another Clemson Thread: A Couple of Things I Have Noticed

+7 HS
Sloopy1976's picture
December 18, 2019 at 12:08pm
50 Comments

It seems we have discussed every possible topic regarding our opponent for the Fiesta Bowl. However, there are a couple of things I have noticed that I have not seen mentioned yet. 

1. When "previewing" the match up, all of the "experts" (I'm using this term loosely) discuss how OSU can hope to slow down Clemson's potent offense and what OSU must do to have any chance at success moving the ball and scoring on Clemson. It is almost as if we are playing the New England Patriots! Nowhere have I seen "experts" provide analysis of how Clemson should attack us offensively and what they must do to stop our potent offense. It is almost as if it is David vs. Goliath. I just don't get it. I think this plays to our favor, as we are being disrespected by the media and "experts," but it goes beyond the narrative that OSU has no shot. Their approach to analyzing the game is so tilted unconsciously in Clemson's favor it is hilarious. For example, I haven't heard anyone talk about how Clemson's WRs are going to have to figure out the OSU secondary. Instead, its all about how OSU's secondary can hope to try to contain Clemson's huge, all-world WRs. 

2. I know there is a thread about TL saying they don't plan to do anything different to handle Chase, but I watched a video of Etienne yesterday and from what I could understand of him (seems like a nice kid but is not at all articulate) he said that they focus more on their stuff than who the opponent is, it doesn't matter who they are playing. Also couldn't give much of an answer to questions about what he has seen/observed about our defense. Gave short, ambiguous answers about our personnel and what we do well. I think this also plays to our favor. You're not playing against an ACC school or hugely overrated SEC squad (looking at you A&M and S. Carolina). You're playing a top team who is undefeated and battle tested. 

Bottom line: I like our chances on the 28th

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments