Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Could Julian Fleming Be Used in H-Back Wrinkles?

0 HS
grahamkamp's picture
December 18, 2019 at 12:03pm
23 Comments

Jaelen Gill and KJ Hill were dubbed to be the next 2 H-Backs in a program that has had some great ones the last 7 years. Day went away from using them as backs and they're basically just a receiver with a fancy name.

After watching some Julian Fleming film the guy reminds me a lot of a mix between Parris Campbell and Curtis Samuel. His high school used him so much like Parris in 2018 and it shows (his speed is top-tier). If he can outrun you after the catch he will, but if he can't he is very shifty. Any way you can get the ball to your best playmakers you do it, and some wrinkles with him at the H-Back could be lethal

Alot of his moves remind me of the 3rd and long Curtis Samuel swing pass against TTUN that set up the 4th & 1 where JT was not short.

He should stay on the outside as a receiver, but it can't hurt to get him the ball in different ways. I don't think it's likely but I think it could be dangerous, especially his sophomore year where we will have a first year QB.

Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments