Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Cade Stover Moved to DE?

0 HS
ANOTHERMICHIGANLOSS's picture
December 17, 2019 at 2:20pm
30 Comments

I will say that I haven't heard his name much.  This was assumed to be a redshirt year regardless.  But I thought he was all LB, and now it looks like he is making the move to DE and trying to use bowl practices to shine going into next year.  He looks like an animal in the lead picture.  Apparently he is going full Sam Hubbard:

DE Cade Stover

The decision appears to have been made that Cade Stover has grown out of a role at linebacker and that his future is best served at defensive end. So, while he won’t play again this year to preserve his redshirt season, the bowl practices and time spent with position coach Larry Johnson and the veteran Rushmen could be significant for him as he makes the transition. The Buckeyes have already let him test out the pass-rushing spot in a game this season, and Stover looks like he can be a natural there and follow the well-known Sam Hubbard blueprint as a freakish athlete who eventually found a home on the edge.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments