Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Justin Fields vs. Trevor Lawrence

+9 HS
JM's picture
December 8, 2019 at 8:12pm
73 Comments

Those that follow CFB recruiting are likely already aware of this but both Fields and Lawrence were the Top 2 QBs in the 2018 class. 

Trevor Lawrence was the #1 Pro-Style Quarterback | Rivals (2018)

Justin Fields was the #1 Dual Thread Quarterback | Rivals (2018)

Both young men are from the state of Georgia (Lawrence was born in Johnson City, TN) and played high school football less than 30 minutes away from each other. To my knowledge, the two have never met on a football field.

Their 2019 numbers are pretty similar with Lawrence having 29 more attempts but also 8 interceptions. The Passing Yards line up with the number of attempts yet Fields has him beat in Passing TDs and overall Passing Efficiency.

Clemson has not been in a close game since September 28th against UNC. Ohio State has finished their season with an 11-pt win vs PSU and a 13-pt win against Wisconsin. In both games including The Game sandwiched in between OSU faced adversity and persevered.

And while that may not matter at the end of the day there's something to the old adage that "iron sharpens iron".

Bottom line: if Fields can be mobile and perhaps not have to wear the brace or wear a lighter brace – I really like OSU's chances. And unlike 2016 when we got down by several scores and it seems insurmountable to crawl back, I think this team would be more than capable of doing just that with Fields at the helm.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 73 Comments