Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Where Does This Rank in the History of Amazing Buckeye Comebacks in Important Games?

+2 HS
Sonof'47alum's picture
December 8, 2019 at 12:42am
16 Comments

Of course there was that remarkable rally late in the first half against Alabama after Bama went up 21-6.  But that night I felt Ohio State was moving the ball and didn’t deserve to be down 15 points.

There was the rally from a double-digit deficit with less than 8 minutes remaining up in Ann Arbor in 2005; but I had at least some confidence with the offensive options Ohio State had that the comeback seemed like a realistic possibility.

There was also the tremendous comeback against Penn State two years ago in the Shoe.  That seemed more like tonight; I never totally gave up but it seemed like such a daunting task given the way the Buckeyes had played up to that point.

Tonight I was most concerned by JF’s injury and what he would be able to do to help lead the rally.  My hat’s off to him. The third-down throw he made to Olave as he scrambled on that opening drive of the second half—that was such a huge momentum change in my mind.  

So, in the end, this was as gratifying a comeback I have ever witnessed.  Where would you rank it?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments