Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Wrinkles, New Looks.

+1 HS
soldierdad's picture
November 24, 2019 at 9:00am
21 Comments

Yesterday we witnessed a Justin Fields QB draw from an empty backfield.  Day said they needed the right look or they’d called TO.  

The fanbase is always curious why we don’t always see wrinkles, or see the coaches open up the playbook.  Even my wife yesterday asked if the coaches save plays for a big game.

I’m not going to go into my explanation but it did prompt me to throw this question out.  What is the most timely wrinkle, anomaly, timely gadget play in Buckeye history?  I guess because of the limited scope of the topic, even college football history.  Again, it has to be timely, like Rocky switching to southpaw.

Mine is the option play Tressel called to nail Michigan.  The greatest call I can remember.  Couldn’t find footage, but I did enjoy the video of him explaining it, which happens, also, to kind of explain why they’re not more common. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=py8GYrVbpE0

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments