Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. Penn State - Sweet 16

+13 HS
Large Father's picture
November 21, 2019 at 8:00pm
10 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans and Days,  

Now it really starts!

I cherish every Ohio State football Saturday, don’t get me wrong, but these are the games we really wait for. There are times during the non conference schedule...or while watching Rutgers last weekend...when I find myself thinking "I sure wish this was a big game."

If we had a 16 team college playoff, the first round would technically take place this weekend in Ohio Stadium.  The winner of this Sweet 16 match-up between Ohio State and Penn State advances to the Elite 8 game a few weekends from now in Indianapolis.  This game advances to the Big 10 Championship Game - which is technically like an eight team playoff feeder to the CFP semi finals.  

The schedule just happened to lineup this way late this season for our conference with the winner of the game this weekend locking in a spot for the Big 10 championship in Indianapolis.  You won't see the same parallel in the SEC this weekend...Alabama vs. Western Carolina doesn't hold the same ramifications or intrigue.  ESPN College Game Day and Fox Big Noon shows are not broadcasting live this Saturday morning from Tuscaloosa.  

Ohio State has entered the meaningful part of the schedule.  Every game is big from here on out.  The competition ramps up and every play is amplified.  I would love to see Ohio State continue to dominate as we enter the final stretch...starting this weekend against Penn State.    

Touchdowns:  Dobbins, Fields, Olave, KJ Hill

OSU 34 Penn State 10

Go Bucks!  Beat Penn State!  BB Landers for Heisman!

Large Father    

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments