Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Jeff Hafley - I Trust Him

+2 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture
November 20, 2019 at 1:27am
21 Comments

This might seem unnecessary to post, but I am up late and I feel this needs to be said.

Every time I see Ohio State’s defense play this year, I am thoroughly impressed. The job that has been done with them is one of the most impressive coaching efforts I have ever seen in my life, flat out. They were in the 50’s and 70’s for total defense and scoring defense last year, and now entering the 11th game this season are ranked #1 in both. It is astounding. 

Jeff Hafley seems to be extremely fundamental in this change (respect to all the other defensive coaches as well, they’re all fantastic). The amount of solid play he has gotten from all of his defensive backs this year, and the way he has implemented his defense with Mattison is just impressive. Sure tackling and clean fundamentals from the players, with awesome game planning and great in-game adjustments consistently week to week. 

Not only this, but when he talks to the media he just always seems to know exactly what to say and how to say it. He never bullshits anybody, is always in a good mood, and just seems determined. It blows my mind how blessed we are to have gotten such a young and capable defensive coach to maximize our players this year and I truly believe he will be one of the greatest defensive coaches ever down the line. 

I trust him to help lead us to the finish this year, 100% 

O-H

[Mod Edit- Please, no single name titles]

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments