Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is It a Mistake to Not Redshirt Dawand Jones?

-8 HS
Spartan13's picture
October 29, 2019 at 5:46pm
75 Comments

Not much to complain about recently so let me bring this up. I think it is idiotic to burn Dawand Jone's redshirt. Next year he will be a sophomore and Thayer Munford and NPF should be the tackles. The next year he will be a junior, the expectation at this point is he will be competing with #1 OT Paris Johnson for one of the spots after Munford leaves. Should the generational talent in Paris Johnson beat out Dawand then all of a sudden Dawand will be going into his senior year never being a starter. With how raw of a prospect Dawand is I could easily see him wanting redshirt and if he ends up not starting until his 4th year there is a very good chance he would want to come back to improve his stock. 

This is a hypothetical but a very likely one. I just don't see how Ryan Day would think it is more valuable for OSU and Jones to have him play 6 snaps against Wisconsin and 8 snaps against Northwestern instead of having the choice to be here an entire extra year. Especially when you consider how raw of a football player he is.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments