Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Interacting with Some Badger Fans Via Social Media

+2 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
October 25, 2019 at 9:59am
86 Comments

So this morning I've had some comments back and forth with some Wisconsin fans on the Fox College Football posts on facebook. I can't do all the fancy tagging and bagging and posting of pictures and what not, so I'll just share a summary here...

They take to calling themselves OL-U (Offensive Line University). So I posed the question: "Did that nickname come about when they did such an amazing job of opening up rushing lanes for Melvin Gordon in the 2014 B1G title game? Or was that in 2017 when they allowed Jonathan Taylor to gallop for a monstrous 41 yards?" 

They brought up that JK Dobbins isn't as good a running back because he doesn't face "loaded boxes" and that his numbers are inflated because of the efficiency of the Ohio State passing game. So I responded: "Because the Ohio State offense is efficient and multiple (meaning they don't rely on one guy to put everyone on his back and drag them to the finish line effectively shortening what pro-career they may have because Wisconsin can't figure out a way to a. recruit effective talent at WR or QB or b. Do anything other than run an offense that has been in football since the dark ages) JK Dobbins is less a player? Because the Ohio State offense isn't one-dimensional it somehow makes Dobbins less talented? The Ohio State defense is going to line up man to man on the Wisconsin WRs and make Taylor run through the front 7 with at least 1 safety in the box as well. Not to mention when he got his entirety of 41 yards against Ohio State the defense was a shell of what it is now. 

Their mentality is that because the Ohio State offense isn't one dimensional it has helped JK Dobbins "inflate" his stats. Baffling. Because Ohio State is more than a one-trick pony, JK Dobbins is somehow less of a player. 

One joker said Dobbins would be #3 on the depth chart.

I really hope the Buckeyes go out and put it on Wisky this weekend. Normally I don't hold a lot of disdain for them because in the recent past the Buckeyes have had their way in head to heads, but their fanbase is just delusional. 

It's probably my fault for falling down the rabbit hole with these cheese-eating goofs, but alas, here we are.

GO BUCKS!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 86 Comments