Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Could Dawand Jones Be Used As a Goal Line Running Back?

+14 HS
macdaddybuckeyesupreme's picture
October 24, 2019 at 5:05pm
62 Comments

Yes Dawand Jones is a very very very large human, basically he is a mountain of a man. Since the coaches have come out and said he isn't going to redshirt, and since they have already deployed the mountain in field goal blocking situations. Do you think it's possible he could get a carry or two at running back if it was say 1st and goal from the 2.

Look at how he ran in the northwestern game, he's not the fastest but for 360 pounds dude has some wheels. Do you think it's possible, kind of like the fridge who I believe played for the **Chicago Bears** (thanks everyone for correcting this)

Not taking anything away from our current running backs but it would give teams a nightmare trying to figure out a way to stop that freight train.

Personally I would not want to even attempt to tackle a human that size, I'm not sure many people would.

I say give it a shot and see how it goes, what about you fellow 11 warriors, you think the offensive coaches may line Dawand up as a running back on the goal line?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 62 Comments