Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is Facing Wisconsin Twice Better for Us Than Facing Another Team from the West in the Championship Game?

+3 HS
PhillyNut's picture
October 10, 2019 at 4:04pm
80 Comments

I have been reading some articles on other sites looking at the benefit of certain teams losing in upcoming games that might help the Buckeyes cause for the CFP.  I think we all agree that if the Buckeyes win out nothing else matters - they are either in or Armageddon will hit the CFP.

But there are the match ups this weekend (Wisconsin versus MSU and Iowa versus Penn State) that will make things very interesting for the rest of the season.  A Wisconsin win and being undefeated when they meet the Buckeyes on October 26th would surely be a boost for that game and for the more immediate rankings.  But I have never been a fan of having to face a team again that you already beat once in a given season. Too many emotional/revenge benefits to the team that lost the first time.

If Iowa can manage to beat Penn State this weekend then it is likely that Iowa and Wisconsin will meet with each having one loss (trusting our Buckeyes will take care of business on the 26th) so the winner is in the driver's seat to represent the West assuming Minnesota is a paper tiger at 5-0 and loses to both.

Which of the two would you rather see in the Big Ten Championship opposite our Buckeyes?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 80 Comments