Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Anyone else Notice This? Spearing or Questionable Tackling by Neb

+8 HS
ScarletnGreyTexan's picture
September 30, 2019 at 2:15pm
58 Comments

***I am TERRIBLE at posting links to show examples and will try to find some and post in follow up comments***

While watching the Nebraska game, like all other games against us, I watch for not only the tackle but exactly how a player tackles a player. Let me preface this by saying I am not accusing Scott Frost of coaching dirty, I honestly don't believe he is a dirty guy, hell he didn't even yell at the kid who after the extra point had an unsportsmanlike penalty called.  In this instance an like a lot of others once the ball is kicked players can let emotions take over and they make bad decisions. Largely based on the hype of a game and being completely and utterly beaten.

What I noticed on at least 4-5 occasions, when Fields was running the ball especially, Safety #19 Marquel Dismuke when attempting to tackle Fields or one of the receivers, would launch himself in a spearing like fashion with the crown of his helmet at our players bodies. I never saw him, not that I can remember, launch at our players heads. I first noticed it on Fields QB keep run in the first quarter and as JF jumped into the end zone, Dismuke launched himself at Fields body with his helmet in a spearing fashion. My first thought was whoa, Fields dodged getting drilled in the ribs or hips by that guy, then on replay when it was slowed down it appeared to me that Dismuke was trying the old two birds with one stone. tackle/hit the ball and possibly inflict some potential damage on Fields. At that point I started watching for him on every play and I noticed that he did it at least 5 more times where he would launch himself at Fields body or a receivers body with the crown of his helmet and his arms were not extended out above it. Just curious if anyone else noticed this.  Like I said I will search for a few more clips but if you go to ESecPN and click on our article about us beating Neb and they show Fields first TD run you will see what I am talking about. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments